Tubing on Lake Winnipesaukee, NH
Pros to going tubing on the lake:
- flying through the air like a majestic loon
- feeling invincible
- the water feeling ice cold when you just stick a foot or hand in but then getting thrown in by a wave and feeling like you are in a nice relaxing (yet giant) bath tub
- kneeling on the tube with your arms out feeling like one of those Bald Eagles you saw stretching in a tree on an island
- acting like a goof and not holding on when you are going almost 25mph across a giant body of water
Cons to going tubing on the lake:
- pain in your fingers right after the fact
- your elbows feeling raw for days/getting skin ripped off your elbow by that stupid safety warning right were you are trying to rest your arms
- 24 hours later: PAIN
- shoulder pain
- back pain
- neck pain
- stomach pain (from that one really bad landing where you don’t manage to flip in the air)
- leg pain (y’know from when you are holding on for dear life even though you are barely even on the tube. like just your arms and the top half of your torso)
- Arm/Shoulder/Torso pain to the point where even moving hurts
But really? It’s hella fun and I want to go again. Just maybe not for a little while.
I present the most badass gifset on Tumblr.
Legitimately turned on by this
This is the best thing.
Oh my god
I don’t even know this fandom and this is cool.
Reason #999 why the cartoon will always be ONE MILLION PERCENT better than that travesty of a movie. They did so much research and put so much detail in you don’t even notice.
Bonus trivia: Toph got a unique martial arts style to match her distinct version of Earthbending (Southern Praying Mantis style, I think) which the creators found out later was (according to legend) invented by a blind woman. Totally a coincidence, but still so fucking cool.
(If you don’t watch the show, Toph is both blind from birth and the best damn Earthbender in the world. Also, GO WATCH THE SHOW.)